The apple and goats cheese work very nicely together and when I made this at work it sold out pretty fast! Enjoy!
This is a rough-ish recipe as however many parcels it will make will depend on the sheets of filo you get in your pack / don't rip etc.
I used roasted butternut squash, courgettes, red onion, red pepper and blanched kale as my vegetables but you could use pretty much any!
Pack Filo Pastry
Vegetables (see above)
Oil (for brushing)
Pretty straightforward really!
Preheat gas to 200 degrees C.
- Peel and small rough chop the apples removing all the pips.
- Cook on the stove in a pan with a little water and sugar.
- It will stick slightly, let it do so as this adds colour and flavour!
- Roast your veggies or steam them, pan fry them, boil them it really is up to you, this is a very versatile recipe. Make sure to leave them with a bit of crunch.
- Gently seperate your filo. Each parcel needs 2 sheets. lay these on top of each other. (Tip - with filo, a slightly damp tea towel, laid over the remaining filo, whilst you begin working on a parcel, helps it to not dry out!)
- Layer your vegetables and finish off with a gooey slice of goats cheese.
- Brush the sides with oil and fold them over like you are wrapping a present - bringing them over together neatly on top.
- Garnish with remaining pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes
- Serve with the apple compote!