For the pastry
300g plain flour
50g icing sugar
50g ground almonds
200g vegan margerine
1 pinch salt
water to bind
For the ganache
200g dark chocolate (I used montezumas)
100g soya milk (try replacing with orange juice or black coffee for a different flavour)
1 pinch salt
20g icing sugar
Flaked almonds for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Blend pastry ingredients except the water til they form a breadcrumb texture (or rub between your fingers)
- Add the water to form a paste and chill for an hour
- Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin and cut out circles with a cutter or by using a glass and going round the outside with a knife
- Place the circles into mince pie moulds (I used a rubber one for easy removal)
- If making the jam tarts, place a spoonful of jam into the pastry wells and bake for 12 minutes, checking after 9 incase your oven temperature is slightly hotter.
- If making the chocolate tarts then place the naked pastry into the oven to bake for 9 minutes until golden
- Meanwhile heat together ganache ingredients over a low heat until smooth and glossy.
- Remove shells from oven and spoon hot chocolate ganache into the wells. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds
- Enjoy and do be careful with those molten hot jam ones!