I like to serve these simply on their own as a meal on the go or with salad.
I used crimini mushrooms from waitrose but it works well with any variety.
1 pack of mushrooms
splash white wine
- First fry the onions with the garlic in butter til softened
- Add wine and let the onions absorb the wine, season with salt and pepper
- Add the mushrooms, fry until mushrooms are golden
- Add the cream, reduce for 5 mins and set aside
- Steam or saute some kale until cooked, season, set aside
- Cut puff pastry into squares
- Add a spoon of the kale to the middle of a square
- Add some mushrooms (not too much juice)
- Brush the eggs around the side and place another square of pastry on top
- Crimp with a fork to seal and make a small slit in the top
- Brush the egg on the top and bake for around 10 minutes or until puffed and golden