Monday, 12 August 2013

Manchester - Sister's day out

It had been a while since I spent some quality time with my younger sisters and so I arranged a day trip shopping to Manchester. I used to practically live there a few years ago so know my way around pretty well. We visited Affleks palace, the Arndale centre and went out for some food too. The weather was a bit hit and miss but it was good to get out of Sheffield for a bit as I've got the whole of August off work.

Cute Totoro's in Affleks palace!

My beautiful sister enjoying her nutella and toasted marshmallow milkshake at "home sweet home"

Tea

Sister's falafel halloumi wrap- she loved it!

My fishcake which  the chef didn't pane for me so I could avoid the wheat, with poached egg and hollandaise. Was pretty good but a lot of dressing and the staff were kind of rude

Sweet potato chips were tepid but tasty

the outside


In a separate cafe enjoying an iced green tea and a gluten free peanut butter brownie which was divine!!


I also took advantage of yo sushi's £2.50 blue Monday plates but after just one plate of rather warm sushi I decided to change my mind and have a hot chocolate from the nearby cafe piazza instead.
So far my August has been really enjoyable. A couple of nights ago I met a favourite singer of mine - The Beat's Ranking Roger! I was at DonValley photographing bands and because of my backstage pass I asked for a snap and got a cheeky hug. He is a lovely guy and I enjoyed taking the pictures!
You can view the rest of them here if you like. It's my first venture into band photography but they've been well received and have definitely sparked an interest into a new part time hobby!


So would any readers like to recommend my next day trip?

1 comment:

Mr Lonely said...

well, i would like to recommend you go to stratford upon avon~ =D

Regards, www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary)