Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Tropeiro

Last I went to Tropeiro with my capoeira friends for our christmas meal.
The decor was very elegant and modern, lots of wood furnishings, a rotisserie grill and a massive window showing a great view of leopold square. It was pretty busy for a tuesday night and the crowd was very international and featured people of all ages.




We'd all pre-ordered which was probably for the best considering there was over 20 of us! I chose Lasagna de legumes e farofa (Roasted Veg lasagne with farofa topping) which was a very good lasagne! Still have no idea what farofa is though. My strawberry caipirinha was good, a little eye-wincing-ly sour.



You get these little cards on your table, one side is green and says sim por favour (yes please) the other is red and says nao obrigado (no thanks) in Portuguese. The idea is you flip over to the green side whenever you are ready for the staff to come over with their massive skewers of meat, hot from the rotisserie and slice you a chunk off. Although people still brought over meat even if your card was red. People ate a LOT of meat.



They also have a pretty spectacular unlimited "side and salad" bar where you can get fejouada, fish and coconut stew, rice, chips, bread and loads of different salads. I ended up getting two plates of rice with fish stew and salad! As well as my lasagne! Yep I know how to get my moneys worth.
They'd discounted the price for us considering there were so many so my veggie option and unlimited visits to the salad bar were just over 11 quid, the meat lovers paid a fiver more I think and had the choice of 10 different cuts of meat, including chicken heart.



The staff were so friendly and nice, they spoke portugese and chatted with us individually, lovely!
I finished my epic meal with a delicious brazilian egg flan and slices of hot cinnamon caramelized pineapple from the rotisserie.



Overall great place, even for a chain! I'll definitely come again with a group!

Food - 9/10
Value - 9/10
Service - 10/10

3 comments:

PeteM01 said...

Excellent review! I wondered how good it was for vegetarians.

I think this will be the destination for my birthday meal next month. Thanks, PeteM01

PeteM01 said...

Excellent review! I wondered how good it was for vegetarians.

I think this will be the destination for my birthday meal next month. Thanks, PeteM01

Anonymous said...

According to wikipedia, it's toasted flour made from cassava :)
-sam