Thursday, 19 July 2012

Charity dinner for the long well walk.

On Friday I took part in one of the most challenging services I've ever had to do!
It was all for a good cause, my good friend Liam Garcia's charity the Long Well Walk, (Click the link for more info).
Fusion, had allowed use of the premises free of charge and myself and the other three chefs were volunteering our work for the night.
It started with an unveiling of the load of beautiful local food that had been donated from generous suppliers across sheffield. We had a few minutes to decide what to make (we had been given a few clues as to what was inside, otherwise it would have been near impossible!).
We came up with eight different meals including wild mushroom and rice noodle laksa, venison meatballs in a tomato sauce, berry klafoutis, seabass fillet with fennel and spiced chocolate with chai tea.
The catch was that we only had TWO hours to prepare these eight courses, and for over 50 diners!!
I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was one of the most difficult services I've ever done!
We managed it though with only a few hiccups and the event was a raging success, raising over £850 for the charity.


1 comment:

Emma @ Bake Sew Grow said...

This looks awesome! I need to get myself to more local events like this, especially for such a good cause.