Sunday, 15 January 2012

Matcha Cream Layer Cake Recipe!


This was the only photo I managed to get of the cake as camera number 1 is broken and was playing up, camera number 2 was out of battery and my phone was not complying either!
Its in a box as I took it to my friends house as it was his birthday. He made some AMAZING sushi and everyone liked the cake so here is the recipe for you.
PS... It didn't look this good after cycling twenty minutes with it on the back of my bike over the bumpy Sheffield roads so I'm glad I took a before picture!

Ingredients

  • 250g butter
  • 250g sugar
  • 250g self raising flour
  • 4 eggs, seperated and whites whisked
  • 1 tbsp matcha (green tea powder)
  • Creme chantilly
  • cute decorating stuff :)
Method

  1. Melt together butter and sugar
  2. Leave to cool slightly then add your egg yolks
  3. Gradually incorporate your egg whites
  4. Gentle fold in the flour and matcha
  5. Place in two small tins and bake til springy and golden
  6. Slice each cake in half once cooled then spread layeres with chantilly
  7. Add more chantilly on top and decorate! Go wild!
Enjoy, ideally without smushing it up in a box on a bike first!

No comments: