So I haven't done a recipe post in a while and I cooked a nice meal for me and my friend and thought hey I should totally write this one up!
Its a very versatile and unusual curry and you can pretty much chuck whatever vegetables, beans, meat or whatever you want in there!
I used sweet potato, halloumi and butter beans.
I have to admit to a product that I use which is very lazy but amazing...
Frozen ginger and garlic!
It comes in little cubes and you can buy it from most asian / general foreign grocery shops, where you can find it in the frozen food section. I love them!
PS. Sorry for the awful photo it really did taste better than it looked!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 pack halloumi
- 1/2 tin butter beans
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Slice the onion and add to a pan to soften in a little oil.
- Chop the ginger and garlic fine and add to the pan.
- Peel and thinly cube your sweet potato and add this to the pan.
- Fry these for five minutes - add a splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Add your coconut milk, beans and curry powder.
- Cube your halloumi and fry in a hot pan til golden then add that.
- Cook until the potato is tender, stir through the peanut butter and serve with plain rice!